Sikkim University Recruitment 2018 Details
Job Role Research Associate
Education Requirement MSc, ME/MTech
Total Vacancy 1 Posts
Salary Range Rs.36000- Rs.36000 Per Month
Job Locations Gangtok
Experience 1 – 2 years
Last Date To Apply 2018-11-17
Qualification in Details:
1. Qualification: MSc/MTech with 60 % marks in Bioinformatics/Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Life sciences with PhD degree (awarded) in Bioinformatics/Microbiology from UGC-recognized University/IITs/National Research Institutes.
2. Desirable: Desirable qualification is experience in food microbiology focusing on metagenomics, next generation sequencing, biological computation, analysis of all microbial-related identification sequences, experiences in latest soft-wares on PICRUSt, Alpha diversity indices like Chao, Shannon, Simpson, QIIME, OTUs relative abundance, microbial diversity, functionality, etc
3. Proficiency: LINUX OS handling, Database generation, and Python Scripting.
4. Fellowship : Fellowship for Research Associate (RA) is @ Rs. 36,000/- + 10% HRA per month as per the DBT norm.
5. Duration: he post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project. The duration of the project is 1 year, and shall be extended depending on performances.
Professor Dr. Jyoti Prakash Tamang, Coordinator, Bioinformatics Centre, Department of Microbiology, Sikkim University, 6th Mile, Tadong 737 102, Gangtok, Sikkim
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
Desirous candidates (only those who have successfully awarded PhD degree; not submitted Thesis) may submit a soft copy of application letter with updated bio-data and list of publications with impact factors, Mark-sheets of MSc/MTech; certificate of PhD degree with title of Thesis with detailed experiences as required above on or before 17 November 2018 to Professor Dr. Jyoti Prakash Tamang, Coordinator, Bioinformatics Centre, Department of Microbiology, Sikkim University, 6th Mile, Tadong 737 102, Gangtok, Sikkim (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview at Gangtok. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing an interview